Marvel Studios welcomes you to The Multiverse Saga.
The San Diego Comic-Con is back in full swing, which means that Marvel Studios is back in Hall H! Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige announced the upcoming films from the Marvel Cinematic Universe that would be released in theatres and streamed on Disney+ during the wildly popular Marvel Studios session at the convention centre.
Phase 5 will begin in 2023 with the release of “Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania” on February 17. “Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania” is a sci-fi adventure that is unquestionably distinctive to the franchise, epic in scope and tone. Fans in the room got a special preview of the upcoming movie.
Wow! Good for them. I’m still here, though, hoping Disney+ will come to the Philippines before Phase 5 begins! They will, I’m sure of it. Moving on, some online commenters have expressed their disappointment with the MCU Phase 4 but excitement for the future as a result of SDCC 2022.
But consider this. Phase 1 of the MCU, in which the scope of the plot expands with each new film, was the beginning. The Infinity Saga was thus developed and is widely adored.
The transitional phase is Phase 4. They might not appear to be interrelated or weaved like The Infinity Saga. But you will notice it, though, if you are a fan. The Multiverse Saga is different. So they will use a different style of storytelling.
Plus, Wong is everywhere! So be sure that something significant is coming. Marvel Studios thus extends a warm welcome to The Multiverse Saga. You can view the whole list of Phase 5 movies and TV shows below.
The Multiverse Saga
Phase 4 (2021–2022)
Phase 4 is still ongoing, but I have already begun writing reviews. The links below will take you to my reviews of “The Infinity Saga” which is MCU’s Phase 1 – 3 and Phase 4:
- Reviews: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Films Phase 1, 2 & 3 a.k.a The Infinity Saga
- Phase 4: Marvel Cinematic Universe Films & Series Quick Reviews (available soon)
Also, check out the following!
SHE-HULK: ATTORNEY AT LAW – arriving on Disney+ August 17, 2022
BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER – arriving in theatres on November 11, 2022
Queen Ramonda (Angela Bassett), Shuri (Letitia Wright), M’Baku (Winston Duke), Okoye (Danai Gurira), and the Dora Milaje (featuring Florence Kasumba) battle to defend their country from interfering foreign forces in Marvel Studios’ “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.” The heroes must work together with the aid of War Dog Nakia (Lupita Nyong’o) and Everett Ross (Martin Freeman) to pave a new course for the kingdom of Wakanda as the Wakandans attempt to embrace their next chapter. Along with Dominique Thorne, Michaela Coel, Mabel Cadena, Alex Livanalli, and Tenoch Huerta, the movie introduces Namor, played by Tenoch Huerta, as the ruler of a clandestine undersea nation.
Phase 5 (2023–2024)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania – February 17, 2023
- Secret Invasion – arriving on Disney+ in Spring 2023
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 – May 5, 2023
- Echo – streaming exclusively on Disney+ in Summer 2023
- Loki – Season 2 arriving on Disney+ in Summer 2023
- The Marvels – July 28, 2023
- Blade – November 3, 2023
- Ironheart – arriving on Disney+ in Fall 2023
- Agatha: Coven of Chaos – arriving on Disney+ in Winter 2023
- Daredevil: Born Again – arriving on Disney+ in Spring 2024
- Captain America: New World Order – May 3, 2024
- Thunderbolts – July 26, 2024
Phase 6 (2024–2025)
The Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 6 promises compelling storytelling.
- Fantastic Four – November 8, 2024
- There is much in between, but Marvel Studios appears to be holding it back for the time being. The first movie to start Phase 6 and the final two movies to end Phase 6 are both quite intriguing.
- Avengers: The Kang Dynasty – May 2, 2025
- Avengers: Secret Wars – November 7, 2025
Main photo from MARVEL.com