I’m currently in love with San Miguel’s meat-free vegetarian line called VEEGA. If you are looking for a healthier food option, the VEEGA meat-free line – Balls, Burger Patty, Giniling, Nuggets and Sausage made from plant-based protein ingredients are fully-cooked, seasoned, and ready to be added to your recipes.
Take my Sōmen Noodles recipe I shared previously. Instead of dumplings, I used VEEGA’s Meat Free Balls. It added a new flavour which went well with this simple recipe.
But if you want to cook the VEEGA meat-free products as is, you may do so. There are instructions at the back of the packages. I did try doing it by the book, but there are things I found it.
The sausages and nuggets are best cooked in an oven toaster. They become a little bit crispy (depends on the temperature) and juicy on the inside. The meat-free balls are great in noodle soups rather than fried. The burger; on the other hand, is better in buns complete with vegetables and dressing.
What about the giniling? Well, I made two attempts. The last one is my favourite! Let me share with you my MEAT-FREE SPAGHETTI using VEEGA MEAT-FREE GINILING AND SAUSAGE.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 pack of VEEGA Meat-Free Giniling
- 1 pack of VEEGA Meat-Free Sausages, sliced
- Your choice of spaghetti sauce
- Your choice of cheese
1. Sauté garlic and onions until the latter is translucent.
2. Add in the Veega Meat-Free sliced sausages and cook until brown.
3. Add in the VEEGA Meat-Free giniling and cook until brown.
4. Pour in some water and the spaghetti sauce. This is a good time to add in a dash of salt and pepper. Let it simmer.
5. While this is cooking, you should cook the spaghetti on a separate pot. *Follow the instructions in the package of your chosen pasta.
6. Once the sauce and pasta are cooked, assemble your VEEGA Meat-Free Spaghetti.
Here’s a closer look. SUBSCRIBE!
Happy healthy eating!
Wanna leave a reply?