Since tomorrow September 13 is National Grandparent’s Day, I want to share with you a simple and a lovely recipe my abuelita always make. She always prepares a tuna sandwich when I come home from school. Now that she’s older and I can make it on my own, it’s my turn to prepare it for her.
Take note that this is homemade. Sure, you can buy a tuna sandwich spread at the supermarket. But is it delicious? I don’t think so. Homemade is always better.
Tuna Sandwich Spread
You will need:
- Mayonnaise *we use Lady’s Choice or Magnolia
- Ram Sweet Pickle Relish
- Century Tuna Flakes in Vegetable Oil
- Brown Sugar
- Drain and place the tuna to a plate. Using two forks, cut the tuna into smaller pieces.
- Transfer tuna to a bowl, pour in the mayonnaise and mix well. You can use your choice of mayonnaise. But Lady’s Choice and Magnolia are both delicious and perfect for this recipe.
- Add in the pickles and mix.
- You can also add 1 to 2 tbsp of brown sugar and mix well.
- Transfer to a container and refrigerate.
Also, here’s a short and easy video for you to follow. Make sure to subscribe.