If you check my previous recipe posts here on this blog, I always mention how traditional my Abuelita is. She doesn’t follow recipes and makes everything from scratch. But for someone who doesn’t cook, that is so time consuming and it’s really not me. I just can’t. I’m sorry. But I promised Abuelita I would cook Carbonara for Noche Buena ( Christmas Eve dinner).
Good thing, there were already some ingredients at home plus some tuna and a can of Jolly Whole Mushroom. So all I did was buy three packs of Clara Olé Carbonara making this Tuna & Mushroom Carbonara recipe so easy.
- grated Eden cheese
- Jolly whole mushrooms
- chopped parsley
- Clara Olé Carbonara
- Melt butter in a sauce pan. Then add in the onions and garlic.
- Once the these are cooked, you can add in the tuna. Stir until it’s cooked and then add in the mushrooms. Take note: We used Jolly Whole Mushroom which we diced but you can slice it thinly. Doing the later shows a nice looking flat-shaped mushroom. But my Abulita prefers dicing.
- Again, once it’s cooked you can slowly pour in the Clara Olè Carbonara Pasta Sauce. Stir carefully and wait.
- When it starts to boil, you can add in the grated cheese and parsley. Take note: During this time, you can taste and add in some water, pepper, and salt accordingly.
- BOIL water in a large pot. Yes, caps lock on boil. This is important because the pasta will stick to the pan and it will not cook evenly.
- When it starts to boil, add in some salt, (an oil if you want to – we don’t actually) And then, you can now add the pasta and stir. Take note: Stir carefully and one in a while.
- Taste the pasta. Once it’s cooked, time to drain and pour in a small amount of cold water around the pasta while draining and then transfer to a container.
We usually just put the pasta in a container and the sauce in a separate one. This way is easier if you have guests coming over. They can just get the right amount of pasta and pour in the right amount of sauce. You can also prepare some more cheese and chopped parsley in case they want more flavor.
Oh! By the way, I made a video. If you can watch and subscribe, that would be lovely. 🙂