Yes, it’s November but I would like to share with you my October.
My October started with a series of unfortunate events – the Lemony Snicket kind of thing. I would say it was full of tricks with accidents here and there as well as hospitalization and laptop problems. It made me think carefully if I broke a mirror early that week. Not to mention, the possibility of a black cat crossing my path without my knowledge.
Then again, I don’t believe in bad luck. If something is meant to happen, it will happen. So I told myself not to lose hope and be positive. Embrace the good and the bad. Talk to God and ask for courage and strength. Cooperate with Him.
Suddenly, good things started to happen and I ended my October with lots of treats.
1. Let’s start with my blog’s second anniversary. If you’re reading my blog, you’ll notice I have never ever had a giveaway. Heck! I thought I won’t be able to offer one on my blog’s 2nd anniversary.
Surprise! As ClariSays turns two, get ready for my first giveaway. I suggest becoming a fan of my blog’s Facebook page to keep tabs not only with the latest articles but with the giveaways as well. 🙂
2. The next day, I heard someone calling my name at our gate. I saw a delivery guy outside and handed me a pink envelope. I am going to be totally honest, after all, I’ve been through last month I totally forgot what I did before those events. Come to think of it, that’s actually a good thing.
I was so caught off guard that it made my day. Inside this pink envelope is a membership card and vouchers, lots of vouchers which I will share with you this month! 🙂
3. If you’re already following my fan page, you’ll know I have been promoting Fully Booked & Comic Odyssey’s Halloween ComicFest 2015 and even blogged about it. Though I wasn’t able to visit their branch in Bonifacio High Street, receive three (3) free comics, and enjoy various activities, I was able to enjoy the mini version at Fully Booked in SM North EDSA.
Mainly because SM North has a yearly mall-wide Trick or Treat which coincides with the ComicFest. The entire mall was lively making the event exciting in a way. I even saw a number of kids and a few young adults and adults dressed for Halloween enter Fully Booked. It was fun to watch them get thrilled over candies.
Moreover, one free comic is enough for me. From all the comics at the counter, I chose DC Comics’ Harley Quinn. My ninong, on the other hand, chose Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man Web-Warriors. Besides that, there were books on sale. I bought these two for Php50 each.
Some of you might react. But I just had to buy My Favorite Fangs by Alan Goldsher even though the parody has a low rating – 2.60 Stars in goodreads.com with 126 ratings and 46 reviews. I find it intriguing. Plus, I might find something valuable inside. 🙂
4. Besides the free comic and sale at Fully Booked SM North EDSA, I was again caught completely by surprise. I saw someone very familiar. Meet Mr. Ricky Lee, the award-winning screenwriter and novelist.
I was really happy to see him! I think I was blushing while telling him I forgot to bring my books. I wanted him to sign my books – Trip to Quiapo: Scriptwriting Manual and Si Amapola sa 65 na Kabanata.
Uhmm yes, I always bring a book or two especially since I sold my smartphone. Oh well, Mr. Ricky Lee said there’s a huge possibility we’ll see each other again. Think positive, Clari! 🙂
5. After months of saving up and weeks of finding a laptop that fits my budget, I finally found the one. I was going to buy a brand new laptop last year because my netbook couldn’t take my tasks anymore. But due to insufficient funds, I settled with a secondhand. Unfortunately, it was a wrong move.
Good thing my ninong knows someone who could repair it every time it throws a tantrum. After 1 year and 6 months of waiting, welcome to the family Ace! I am now worry-free. 🙂
6. Since it was Halloween and have visitors at home, I decided to buy Krispy Kreme Doughnut’s Mad for Monsters. My little cousins love them all – Scarecrow, Mummy, Fangs, Pumpkin, Frankie, Bat, Halloween Sprinkles, and Gummy Worms. It still fascinates how kids can eat that much in one day.
Glad I was able to buy them before they vanished! My favourite was Frankie. Yum!
And that, my friend, is how my October ended. I hope you had a great one.
A little reminder: Always be positive and look at the bright side of life. I know it’s not easy especially if you feel the world is against you. So give yourself time to recuperate and talk to God. In time, you’ll have all the strength and courage you need.
Smile and have a great day!