I received an email last month from Jean Quiambao of Irrational Sense of Optimism (What goes in the mind of a twenty-something Pinay and her crazy life) Blog. She nominated my blog for the “Liebster Award”.
Okay, so I’m a newbie. It’s my first time to receive and hear about the Liebster Award. What is it exactly?
From what I understood, it is similar to a chain letter. The only difference from the traditional chain letter is that, Liebster Award is by bloggers for bloggers which obviously only exist on the internet. In addition, the word Liebster in German has various definitions such as beloved, dearest, endearing, lovely and sweetest. Thus, the nomination should be passed to other fellow bloggers.
Some may find this annoying. But if you try to see both sides, you would probably want to be a part of it. The Liebster Award helps you know yourself, your blog and your fellow bloggers. Plus, it’s fun! 🙂
Moreover, the Liebster Award has rules to follow which I will share. But before I proceed, I would like to thank Jean Quiambao of Irrational Sense of Optimism for nominating me.
- Mention the person who nominated you with a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions asked
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with a smaller following but with lots of potential
- Create 11 of your own questions for them to answer
- Notify your nominees
My Answers to Jean’s Questions When and why did you start blogging? I started blogging in 2012 under the name It’s Watchamacallit: a pinch of random thoughts, seasoned with words on Blogger. At first, I just wanted a place to share the articles I wrote for a magazine and a website. Then, I decided to actually write about the things that I do such as eat at a new restaurant, cook a new dish, attend an event and other random thoughts. Then I decided to continue blogging and create a new blog which is Clari Says because it makes me treasure and enjoy anything that I do. Blogging makes me appreciate the small things and simple joys in life. 🙂 What is your favorite topic to blog about and why? That would be FOOD because I love eating and trying different dishes. 🙂 What is your guilty pleasure? Chocolates!!! Do you have any?! 😀 It’s actually good for the body because it’s rich in antioxidants and for the heart as well. However, too much of it can be bad. Sadly, I eat too much. I can’t stop myself! 🙁 What is your favorite book? I can’t decide between James Clavell’s Shōgun and John Green’s The Fault in our Stars. They‘re very different but they’re both great books. What is something that you haven’t done before but would like to try doing? Watch this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmzYuA9G-88 Yes, I would love to try this roller coaster and zipline in one at Porac, Pampanga. Who is your favorite blogger and why? Well, many people know her. She is a Filipina actress and is the daughter of Francis Magalona. Spell Saab is one cool blog. Saab is very true to herself and to others. I guess that’s why I love reading her blog. Plus, it’s full of happy thoughts. What is the story behind your blog title? My first blog was Watchamacallit. It’s a cool name; however, it was difficult for others to remember. So when I decided to create a new blog, I promised myself it will be catchy and easy to remember. When I was watching The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, they kept on saying Clary, one of the main characters. Though we have the same name which is Clarissa, I did not pay attention. Slowly, it started kicking it. Clary says this, Clary says that and viola Clari Says. I just changed y to i because I wanted a light bulb included in my logo. 🙂 Perfect! What makes you smile? The things that my pet hamsters (Hamtaro, Penelope, Chuu Grande, Buffy Grande, baby Chuu and baby Buffy) do make me smile. And of course, the sweet things my boyfriend does make me smile! What is your bedtime ritual? Brush teeth, wash my face, read a book, drink a glass of cold water, pray and then go to sleep 🙂 What is your number one pet peeve? Disrespectful and noisy neighbors!!! Aside from blogging, what is your favorite thing to do? Eating while reading a book 🙂 My Nominees
- Camille of Words of Happinest
- Life Gean of Onwards! To The Stars!!!
- Pam Guevarra of Absurd Heroine
- Glenda of Self-Confessed Victim of Vanity
- Kelly of Beauty and The Nails
- Jeanne Falle of Frugal General
- Elvierose of Heavenly Baked
- Lysafae of Ohlysafae!
- Fatih and Chareez or “The Bees” of Bees’ Corner
- Dianne Alejo of Dianne’s Little Adventures
- Alex Marquez of Fastidious Reader
- How would you describe yourself?
- What did you want to be when you were younger?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What do you do to get inspired to write?
- What is your favorite topic to write about?
- If you could go back in time to change one thing what would it be?
- What was the last film you saw?
- What are you afraid of?
- What series or movie can you watch over and over again?
- If you were to write a book, what would it be?
- If you were a book character who would you be?
Thanks and I hope you all participate! 🙂