What I am thankful for this Christmas

This year, I faced many challenges and I found myself singing Faith Hill’s “Where are you Christmas?”

Where are you Christmas
Why can’t I find you?
Why have you gone away?
Where is the laughter
You used to bring me
Why can’t I hear music play?

My world is changing
I’m rearranging
Does that mean Christmas changes too?

No, Christmas is still Christmas. It’s the people who changed especially if that person went through a lot. As mentioned, I faced many challenges this year. I’m sure others experienced this too. In fact, my fellow Filipinos are in agony.

Yes, we won pageants and a boxing match. It did lift up our spirits for a moment. But the effects of natural disasters especially the super typhoon that hit the country is still here. Economic and political problems remained unsolved, not to mention increase in electricity and food prices that affect the way we live.

As I watched the news and my favorite variety show, I saw people who are devastated. When asked how they will celebrate Christmas, some answered that it will be just like any other day. But there are those who said that it doesn’t matter if they don’t have the traditional feast. As long as they are with their family, everything will be fine.

It’s the Christmas season after all. This is the only time when we forget our problems and focus on the good things.

Negative

In fact, these past days I read many negative thoughts on Facebook. So, I made a simple project. I asked my friends to answer: What I am thankful for this Christmas and the year 2013?

Arvel aka Tata says:
Christmas bonus and for new friends and experiences gained, teaching me to fall harder in love with journeys and life.

Josie says:
This Christmas I am thankful for the gift of life. For the fast healing of my father while he’s abroad dealing chicken pox. I am thankful for showering us with bountiful blessings, with that I am able to extend help and rebuild lives (somehow). I am thankful for all the people who never left and chose to stay even when it’s quite a roller coaster ride.

Belle says:
It’s been 3 weeks that the same question is being asked by my different friends and my solid answer is still wasted. Wasted because all I experienced are the feelings of being down. Without that negative feeling, I will not appreciate what is yet to come which are all up.

Camille says:
For the year 2013, I am thankful for all the challenges life has given me. I know everything that I learn from it will help me grow and will strengthen. I am also thankful for all the good times and all the people who shared their lives to me and made me laugh and happy.

I am also thankful how I can feel God guiding me throughout the year.

Lisa says:
This Christmas, I am thankful. I am blessed for finding my knight and shining armor who will complete my future and my forever. <3

Clari says:
This Christmas, I am thankful for all the blessings and challenges that God has given me. My family became closer. I became stronger and wiser. I am also thankful for this wonderful year because I gained new friends and learned new things. I was able to continue to finish and continue all the things I started including this blog.

And now, I would like to finish the song that keeps playing in my head.

I feel you Christmas
I know I’ve found you
You never fade away
The joy of Christmas
Stays here inside us
Fills each and every heart with love

MerryChristmas
Merry Christmas from:
dual
watchamacallit-claa.blogspot.com | clarisays.wordpress.com
(Visited 8 times, 1 visits today)