When someone gives you Oreo cookies, you eat them right away. But if you forgot about those delicious chocolate cookies and you bought another pack, that won’t be a problem at all. You can eat them anytime or treat yourself and indulge in something sweet. How does Oreo Cheesecake and Oreo Cheesecake Ice Cream sound?
Both are mouth-watering, right? If you are staying at home on a weekend, you can make one or both of these desserts making your “staycation” sweeter. It’s fast and easy because it’s no bake and no machine needed. Plus, you probably have the things you need in your kitchen. If not, you can easily purchase it in supermarkets near you.
Now, you might think about the cost. Is it cheaper to do at home or buying in store? It will be worth it when you do it at home. You have control over the ingredients. Not to mention, you can make the most of the leftover ingredients and use it for other recipes.
Are you ready? Let’s delight our taste buds.
You will need:
- Oreo cookies (classic vanilla, chocolate, strawberry – whatever flavor you desire)
- Cream Cheese
- Condensed Milk or Condensed Creamer
- Leche Flan Mold (Llanera) or any container
- Mortar & Pestle OR Plastic bags/ Ziplock bags
As mentioned before, I don’t have proper measurements for recipes like this. It’s all up to you because it’s your taste buds you should delight. 🙂
- For the first step, you can use a mortar and a pestle for crushing the cookies and your hand for breaking them into smaller pieces. BUT YOU CAN also place the cookies in a ziplock bag and crush a few Oreo cookies. If you don’t have one, you use a simple plastic bag and tie the end with a rubber band or just hold it.
- In a cold bowl, whisk the cream cheese and pour in a SMALL AMOUNT of condensed milk. I suggest tasting it to check if it needs more condensed milk because the cookies and the fillings are already sweet.
- If the taste is fine, add the small pieces of cookies and mix well.
- Melt the butter and mix it with the crushed cookies. Place it at the bottom of the llanera or container and carefully flatten the area. Make sure the crust is spread thoroughly.
- Once the crust has settled, mix the cream cheese for the last time. Then carefully add and spread it all over the crust. Top it off with some crushed and Oreo bits.
- Chill it and serve.
Oreo Cheesecake Ice Cream
You will need:
- Oreo Cheesecake mixture (from above)
- Condensed Milk
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Old ice cream container
- For the ice cream base, whisk the heavy whipping cream (Yes, whisk it using your robot hand! 🙂 ) and add a few drops of condensed milk. Just make sure your bowl and whisk are BOTH COLD.
- Add the Oreo cheesecake mixture and carefully FOLD IT in. DON’T MIX or else the ice cream base will break down.
- Place it in the old ice cream container and freeze it!
Wasn’t that easy and fun? You get to use your muscles and delight your sense of smell and taste. Now go and get the book you’ve been meaning to read or the film you’ve been waiting to see, and enjoy your Oreo Cheesecake and Oreo Cheesecake Ice Cream. Don’t forget to share!