The Cultural Center of the Philippines (CCP) is now accepting applications for the Virgin Labfest 10 Writing Fellowship Program which will be held on June 24 to July 6, 2014. The Virgin Labfest 10 Writing Fellowship Program is a project of the CCP Artist Training Division of the Arts Education Department.
To qualify, the applicant must:
1. be a college student or a young professional;
2. be 29 years old or below;
3. not have had any play produced by a professional theater company;
4. not have had any play published in a literary journal;
5. not have won in any national/ international playwriting/ screenwriting competition;
6. be able to submit the following requirements via email to email@example.com:
a. Fully accomplished Application Form (downloadable from the CCP website)
b. One (1) to two (2) sample literary work/s, either drama or fiction, full or excerpts which should have the following requirements:
· Written either in Filipino or English;
· In .doc format (12 points, double-spaced, 8” x 11” paper);
· The total number of pages of the sample submitted literary works must not exceed 10;
· The real name / identity of the applicant must not be written on any part of the sample works.
Deadline for submission of requirements is on May 15, 2014.
Only the writers who will go through the complete application process will be considered.
The Virgin Labfest 10 Writing Fellowship Program is a two-week mentorship program on the study and practice of dramatic writing for the stage. The fellows will take part in lectures, discussions, and workshops on playwriting and script critiquing. They will also be given an access pass to this year’s festival plays and selected rehearsals, as well as the opportunity to participate in the Talkback and Interaction with known playwrights, directors and selected actors. The Fellowship Program will culminate in a staged reading of the fellows’ works on July 6 at the CCP Bulwagang Amado Hernandez at 6 PM.
Accepted writers must be present for the full duration of the program. A minimal registration fee of P800 will be required of all fellows. This includes modules and tickets to this year’s Virgin Labfest shows.
The Virgin Labfest is a highly distinguished annual festival of unpublished, unstaged, untried and untested works of playwrights, directors and actors. It has gained its reputation by producing provocative and outstanding ‘virgin’ plays mostly which have been recognized by the Palanca Awards for Literature. The Virgin Labfest 10 Writing Fellowship Program is part of the Center’s desire to train young aspiring playwrights
Announcement of accepted applicants is on June 6, 2014.
For inquiries on the Virgin Labfest 9 Writing Fellowship Program, go to the www.culturalcenter.gov.ph, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 832-1125 loc 1605.
Press release from the Cultural Center of the Philippines